Our lawyers have in-depth knowledge and understanding of trust, probate and tax law. If you want private tax advice for running a family business, get in touch.
Structuring your personal or business affairs in a tax efficient manner to safeguard your assets and the interests and welfare of your family can be complex and challenging. Pitmans' Private Tax & Family Business team is renowned for its specialist knowledge and the practical and commercial advice we provide to our clients in all walks of life.
Who Do Pitmans’ Private Tax & Family Business Lawyers Work For?
We act for a wide range of UK and overseas individuals, trustees, families and owner-managed businesses looking for advice on:
- Wills and Inheritance Tax planning
- Lifetime Gifts, Trusts and Succession planning;
- Family Business and Partnership protection
- Care of the elderly
- Cross-Border Wills, Tax and Succession planning
- Trust and Probate Disputes
- Charity and Philanthropy (including charity governance issues)
Do Pitmans’ Private Tax & Family Business Lawyers Have Any Particular Areas of Expertise?
Our lawyers have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the laws governing UK and overseas Wills, trusts, probate and capital taxes, as well as the laws affecting the care of the elderly, enabling us to provide practical and cost-effective solutions for our clients.
Our areas of expertise in Private Tax & Family Business include:
- Inheritance tax, income tax and capital gains tax planning
- UK and cross-border Wills and probate
- International tax planning involving individuals and their businesses
- Advice on all areas of domicile and residence planning
- Establishment of UK and overseas trusts
- Unscrambling old trusts and Inheritance Tax schemes
- Lasting powers of attorney and advice on the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Helping families with care of elderly relatives
- Trust and estate disputes
- Handling disputes with insurance and investment advisers, and claims to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
- Advice on property ownership and management
Why Choose Pitmans’ Private Tax & Family Business Lawyers?
There is a continuing need for good practical legal advice for families and their other professional advisers in the creation and preservation of wealth. Our team’s wide experience over many years of practice will guide you through the ever-changing complexity of current taxation rules, providing related legal advice tailored to reflect your practical needs.
We are happy to talk over the phone, or at an initial meeting, free of charge to understand your query and see how we can help.