Contact us to discuss Pensions Restructuring. We understand the challenges and have the legal advisors to help you.
Who Do Pitmans’ Pensions Restructuring Lawyers Work For?
We advise distressed corporate employers as to:
- options for dealing with a defined benefit pension scheme liability through restructuring, administration, Company Voluntary Arrangements and Regulated Apportionment Arrangements; and;
- issues to be considered when negotiating with Trustees/the Pensions Regulator (“tPR”) and the Pension Protection Fund (“PPF”) to achieve PPF entry for a scheme and obtain clearance from tPR.
We advise trustees:
- upon the merits of applications for tPR clearance made by employers and assisting with negotiations;
- as to eligibility of the scheme for entry into the PPF; and
- negotiating necessary documentation.
We act for the PPF in documenting arrangements agreed for the consensual entry of a scheme into the PPF.
We also advise lenders as to the merits of arrangements involving bank debt restructuring.
Do Pitmans’ Pensions Restructuring Lawyers Have Any Particular Areas of Expertise?
Pitmans’ Pensions Restructuring lawyers can;
- Advise on all legal aspects of pensions restructuring.
- Pitmans’ expertise in this area is complemented by its experience of acting for the PPF and the experience of a secondee who has spent a year working at tPR.
- Pitmans lawyers also act as trustee through Pitmans independent trustee company, Pitmans Trustees Limited and therefore have experience of dealing with restructurings both as lawyer and client.