Our team offers advice on a broad range of Intellectual Property rights and brand protection. Get in touch today to protect your business.
Who Do Pitmans’ Intellectual Property Lawyers Work For?
Pitmans’ IP experts advise on all areas of contentious and non-contentious Intellectual Property law – including protection, enforcement and commercialisation – for global brands, as well as individuals and SMEs.
Our expertise in this field and the breadth and diversity of our practice makes Pitmans the first port of call for a wide range of clients seeking high-end advice across the full spectrum of IP-related matters.
Much of our work is pioneering, which is why we continue to attract major new clients. We have a proven track record of advising clients in the media and entertainment, sport, retail, fashion, hospitality, technology, defence and security, automotive and real estate sectors.
Do Pitmans’ Intellectual Property Lawyers Have Any Particular Areas of Expertise?
Our expert team has in-house experience which enables us to better understand the sensitivities and complexities of Intellectual Property law. We are experienced in assisting clients to gain competitive advantage through obtaining, protecting, exploiting and enforcing Intellectual Property rights.
- Advise you on how best to protect your Intellectual Property rights including trademarks, copyright, designs and patents
- Help you negotiate commercial agreements to secure and exploit your Intellectual Property rights
- Assist you if anyone is trying to use your Intellectual Property without your consent
- Maximise your brand potential
This may involve:
- Assistance in the licensing, sale and assignment of Intellectual Property rights
- UK, Community and International trade mark and design registrations and renewals
- Resolution of disputes relating to trade mark, copyright and designs
- Domain name registration and resolution of domain name disputes
- Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements such as NDAs, heads of terms, distribution agreements and sponsorship agreements
- Carrying out an IP audit and corporate IP due diligence
- Litigation and enforcement
We have also been involved in protecting the IP rights of some of the largest live events in the UK such as London Fashion Week, Reading Festival and Secret Garden Party.
Why Choose Pitmans’ Intellectual Property Lawyers?
Offering high calibre expertise and outstanding experience, our Intellectual Property team has been described by Chambers guide to the Legal Profession as “highly effective”, and credited with providing “a wonderful and personal service”.
Being a full service law firm our team offer a 360 degree approach, having acted for a wide variety of clients including designers, architects, photographers, artists, brand agencies, record companies, musicians and celebrity personalities.