Our specialist teams can advise you on any aspect of franchise law, from start up and expansion to trade marks. Find out about our business services here.
Who Do Pitmans Franchising Lawyers Work For?
Pitmans acts for national and international franchisors. We also act for franchisees, many of whom have multiple franchises.
Our clients operate in a variety of sectors including the fashion, service, hospitality and leisure industries including many in the restaurant and fast-food sector.
Our team assists clients to enter new markets through franchising whether inbound into the UK or taking their business model to new overseas territories.
We also have associate offices in 19 European markets and regularly work with firms across the Americas, the Middle East and Asia.
Do Pitmans' Franchising Lawyers Have Any Particular Areas of Expertise?
We advise on a wide range of franchise services including:
- Franchise agreements (including master franchises, international development agreements and single unit franchise agreements)
- Assistance with obtaining finance for both start-up and expansion
- Advising on acquisitions and disposals of businesses and portfolios of franchised operations (including both MBOs and MBIs)
- Trade mark and brand protection
- Drafting of confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Related property advice
- Pensions advice including establishing pension schemes for employees
- Dispute resolution advice
Why Choose Pitmans' Franchising Lawyers?
Our team is made up of lawyers with significant experience of the franchise sector. The firm has specialists in Commercial law, who can assist whether you are starting up or expanding, and Corporate lawyers who can advise on mergers and acquisitions and funding arrangements. Our dedicated Intellectual Property team is able to advise on all aspects of brand protection including trademarks and the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure consistent communication as you expand. We also have specialist teams who can advise on Employment and Real Estate matters. We also advise on disputes between franchisors and franchisees, and with third parties.