We help business owners, corporate clients and individuals handle their employment law issues, from recruitment to dismissal. Contact us for advice.
Who do Pitmans' Employment Lawyers Work For?
As one of the South East’s leading Employment law firms, Pitmans has the experience and expertise to assist clients across the full range of employment issues, from day to day advice to proceedings in the High Court.
Our Employment lawyers act for employers, managers and owner-managers, legal, pensions and HR departments, as well as directors, shareholders and senior employees. With offices in Reading, London and Southampton, Pitmans manages and enhances employment relationships in recruitment, immigration, business reorganisations, collective consultation, discipline and grievance, outsourcing, settlement agreements and severance packages.
Do Pitmans' Employment Lawyers Have any Particular Areas of Expertise?
We give clear, concise employment legal advice in the following areas:
- Dispute Resolution. Our work includes high value and sensitive commercial disputes, unfair dismissal, whistleblowing, discrimination, boardroom and shareholder disputes and obtaining or defending applications for injunctions in relation to restrictive covenants, confidential information and intellectual property. We represent clients in mediations, the employment tribunal, employment appeals tribunal, ACAS conciliations and in the High Court
- Transactions. We advise on the employment implications of the creation and termination of commercial contracts, share or asset sales and purchases and business recovery sales and purchases. This includes expert advice on consultation requirements and TUPE.
- Incentives. We work closely with our Pensions Department. We also advise on drafting and disputes relating to share schemes, long term incentive schemes and cash and share bonus schemes
- Support. We provide clients with a full menu of HR support to manage employees and any risks associated with employees in the UK whether you’re a start-up or are well established.
Our clients benefit from the diverse expertise of our multi-disciplined team. We have specialist knowledge in:
- Technology. Our position in the South East and in particular the Thames Valley as well as our extensive experience means we are more plugged into the growing technology sector than any other firm in the region. Our work in this area is often highly complex. We frequently handle “new technology” matters which employment laws were not set up to cover, as well as a large amount of social media and data protection work for clients from a broad range of industry sectors. Our dynamic team grasps and responds to the latest technological and business issues in order to proactively update and inform clients.
- Start-ups. As a full-service law firm, we are able to offer a wide range of advisory and business services to entrepreneurs. Our KickStart package has been designed to provide you with everything you need to set up a new business.
- Hospitality, Leisure and Transport. With our strong links from London to the South Coast we have numerous clients in the hospitality, leisure and transport sectors and a comprehensive understanding of this sectors needs.
- Inward investment. There has also been a boom in foreign companies looking to set up business in the South East and in particular the Thames Valley, which is now seen as a key region for inward investment into the UK. Our cross-border expertise beats any firm in the region, and our work with the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce – a close relationship – as well as our associated office in Egypt, has led to our advising clients from around the world, and in particular China, India, Egypt and Canada. To ensure your business is legally compliant with the ever-changing immigration developments, we also provide tailor-made immigration support and advice.
Why Choose Pitmans' Employment lawyers?
Our Employment solicitors provide practical and strategic advice tailored to the client’s culture and business, while keeping them up-to-date with regular e-alerts.
- The Pitmans Employment Protection Scheme provides an audit, a telephone helpline and insurance for the costs of an employment dispute and awards. The Scheme can cover the enforcement of restrictive covenants which if well drafted can be enforced but are often not because of the cost of such enforcement. The popular view that restrictive covenants are not enforceable is not true.
- Clients can use the Pitmans Employment Vault to securely share and work on documents with Pitmans or with colleagues. Your template contracts, policies and Employee Handbooks can be stored in a Common Folder and the system has a complete audit trail on changes to documents. Documents can be purchased and access given to them by Pitmans.
- To form even closer relationships with our clients, we hold legal insight training, audits, interactive training and joint CSR initiatives.
"Pitmans LLP have undertaken a range of work for us, markedly employment, covering the full range of HR including drafting contracts and policies, advising on sickness, redundancy, social media and misconduct issues, Settlement Agreements and dealing with sensitive investigations, dismissals and appeals involving privacy and child protection issues. Pitmans always provide a high quality service." Chief Executive Officer, Berkshire Youth