Training courses and legal advice for defined contribution pensions. Make sure your committee is well informed and help protect your business. Call now.
Who do Pitmans' Defined Contribution Governance lawyers work for?
We provide bespoke Governance training courses suitable for all sizes of DC schemes, whether contract or trust based. We will familiarise ourselves with your scheme and the structure of your governance committee trustee board and provide bespoke training with a legal bias to ensure committee members understand their roles, liabilities and responsibilities.
We are different to most other Governance training providers because while working with you to build the right training programme for your committee and scheme, we can also identify and advise on any legal issues that committee members may be concerned about, such as personal liability, use of discretion on distributing death benefits, and duties such as investment and non-discrimination. We cover, among other areas, the following:
- Definition of governance
- Why governance has developed and grown in pensions
- Trust vs. Contract
- The Pensions Regulator – code of practice
- New and developing DC requirements
Structure of the Governance Committee/Trustee Board
- What is a Governance Committee – to include your committee’s terms of reference and composition
- Advantages of a Governance Committee – to include on-going monitoring, review of management information
- Meetings/minutes/decisions/reporting back to employer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Investment – fund choice / default fund
- Good Member Outcomes
- Use of sub-committees
- Link between employer and membership
What is Expected of a Governance Committee
- Difficulties that may be encountered
Why choose Pitmans' Defined Contribution Governance lawyers?
Pitmans’ Defined Contribution Governance lawyers can:
- Advise on all aspects of DC governance
- Provide bespoke training to trustees and employers