Our data privacy and information lawyers help protect businesses. Ensure your reputation and sensitive details are safe. Call today.
Who do Pitmans’ Data Privacy & Information Law lawyers work for?
Data protection and information law compliance is a legal requirement which almost every business and public authority must observe; non-compliance is a criminal offence for company officers, and can be a reputational disaster for the company itself.
We act for businesses of all shapes and sizes, domestic and international, across public and private sectors where the management and protection of data is required. We are happy to cater for our clients’ varying needs, whether that is assistance with a quick answer on specific issues, or a full compliance audit of their organisation.
We are happy to deal with business-to-consumer as well as business-to-business matters, and are well accustomed to advising within the differing legislative frameworks, as well as other sector specific issues, such as marketing to children and social media in the context of marcomms.
In cases of non-UK or cross-jurisdictional matters, we have well-established relationships with firms around the world, which we often rely on for local advice.
Do Pitmans’ Data Privacy & Information Law lawyers have any particular areas of expertise?
We advise on a wide range of data protection, privacy and information compliance, including:
- Advice on data security, data breach notification and reputation management;
- Digital marketing and social media campaign advice;
- Cloud computing and SaaS/IaaS systems;
- Mobile data and digital asset management;
- Devising effective, proportionate and practical data strategies to monetise data assets and ensure compliance;
- Advising on compliant cross-border data flows and implementing effective contractual frameworks to manage and control employee and customer personal data flows;
- Data subject access requests and internal data protection policies;
- Employee monitoring and data privacy policies;
- Responding to and making Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests;
- Advising on national and international data privacy projects involving minors’ or sensitive personal data;
- Advising and managing international privacy policies, CCTV guidance and data capture wording;
- Advising on behavioural advertising and cookie compliance in the context of profile monitoring and data analytics and loyalty schemes;
- Advising on location based services and the use of profile data;
- Working with insurers to identify any appropriate cyber asset protection insurance;
- Database management, outsourcing and eCRM; and
- Data sharing, data retention and risk management and advice.
Why choose Pitmans’ Data Privacy & Information Law lawyers?
We have an expert cross-practice team that understands the sensitivities and complexities of data privacy & information management. We are experienced in assisting clients protect and exploit their data assets, manage risk and gain competitive advantage through effective data management;
We are highly commercial and have a cost-effective approach to delivering clear advice and creative, commercial solutions. Our experience flows from our Technology, Defence & Security, Automotive, Retail, Media & Entertainment and Hospitality sector focus groups. This sector expertise means that we can quickly identify the most pragmatic and proportionate approach to suit your business needs.
Our aim is for our data protection experts to be at the forefront of this fast-moving and legally complex world, often involving cross-border elements. We therefore are heavily involved in industry events and groups, such as Intellect and the Society for Computers and Law, to contribute debate and help clients navigate through often complex new legislation, and discuss industry best practice.