Our lawyers have worked for top brands like Next Retail. Get advice on employment, contracts, finance and other legal issues here.
Who do Pitmans' Retail lawyers work for?
Pitmans’ Retail, Fashion and Logistics sector team draws specialists from across a wide range of practice areas and legal disciplines. Through this approach, we are able to deliver tailored expertise direct to clients in these markets.
With over 20 key service lines, Pitmans provide particularly deep skills in specific areas such as Intellectual Property, Employment, Litigation, Commercial Property, Corporate, Commercial and Insolvency & Restructuring. Our expertise in this sector means that we are able to offer tailored advice to retailers and distribution businesses seeking new ways to establish and sustain competitive advantage in their highly competitive markets.
Our sector team acts for international distributors, national wholesalers, multinational retail brands, niche boutique high-street shops, high-end supermarkets and out of town retail villages.
We also have expertise in the following sub-sectors:
- Retail & Wholesale
Our advice can be tailored to meet the needs of on and offline operators and those crossing international boundaries.
Examples of our Retail expertise includes:
- Next Retail in proceedings brought against Tesco for alleged infringement by Tesco of design right and copyright in a number of Next designs.
- Advising on product safety claims, potential recall issues and claims against manufacturers and suppliers.
- Advising on Health and Safety investigations, prosecutions and Regulatory compliance.
- The global chain Burger King in relation to employment and litigious situations.
- The Olympian Group in its sale of the retail part of its mixed use development at Earlsfield, London to M&G Property Portfolio Fund.
- Award-winning shoe designer Jonathan Kelsey in protecting his intellectual property.
Do Pitmans' Retail lawyers have any particular areas of expertise?
The Retail, Fashion & Logistics sectors are a highly regarded and often reported barometer of economic health. With such a prominent spotlight on the market, our team recognise the pressures of operating across a variety of channels, media, competing against local, national and international brands, often managing colossal workforces and resolving what can be a huge volume of personal injury claims that has grown in recent years.
We can help. Our specialist team includes leading individuals from across our full-service law firm. Their expertise and knowledge, combined with specialist market awareness and collaboration with clients and governing bodies, ensures that you are guided by commercially astute and sector specialist legal advisers to meet and achieve your corporate objectives.
Why choose Pitmans' Retail lawyers?
Our comprehensive and collegiate sector approach means that we deliver:
- Multi-disciplinary services across one firm
- Cost reduction strategies with innovative and transparent pricing strategies
- Proactive risk mitigation and management
- Sound advice with an eye on brand protection and IP commercialisation
- Exceptional levels of legal advice and client service
- Access to national and international legal and business advisory specialists
With offices in London and Reading, we are perfectly placed near Heathrow and Gatwick and served by a comprehensive network of national motorways and rail-routes to support our many clients in the Retail, Fashion and Logistics sector.
Our team can advise and resolve a variety of situations, such as:
- Managing extensive retail property portfolios
- Negotiating and developing franchising agreements
- Protecting intellectual property and brand management
- Pursuing corporate acquisitions, mergers and strategic alliances
- Effective management of employees through processes and workshops
- Manage product recalls and crisis manage situations when something goes wrong
- Ensure business debts are collected efficiently to enhance cash flow
- Raise funds through Retail Bonds and private equity to enable growth
- Deliver concrete commercial contracts to avoid litigation