Whether you're a sole trader running a coffee shop or the CEO of a major chain of hotels, our solicitors can help your business develop. Find out how here.
Who do Pitmans’ Hospitality and Leisure lawyers work for?
Our Hospitality & Leisure team offer a top tier legal service to clients in a full range of hospitality services, including hotels, restaurants, pubs, bars, clubs, coffee shops, catering companies, fast food chains, theatres, cinemas, theme parks, airlines, gaming and betting companies, festivals, events, food and drink suppliers and ticketing companies.
Our sector team comprises of representatives from various departments of the Firm, including Corporate, Risk, Insurance and Health & Safety, Insolvency & Restructuring, Banking & Finance, Intellectual Property, Dispute Resolution and Real Estate. Our team is highly experienced, with specialist knowledge of the pressures and concerns that clients face. More importantly, we know the best way to resolve problems quickly and effectively.
Our clients range from individuals and start-ups to large established international chains. We act for owners, operators and franchisees of brands and for both creative clients and investors in the sector. We have recently acted for restaurant, pub, bar and hotel owners, landlords, developers, tenants in hotel development, management and operation projects, investors and financiers.
Do Pitmans’ Hospitality and Leisure lawyers have any particular areas of expertise?
We understand the needs of our clients which is why we have a dedicated Hospitality and Leisure team. We regularly advise on:
- the sale, purchase, restructuring and leaseback of hotels and complex corporate and joint venture structures involved in hotel ownership, as well as advising on corporate and business sales and acquisitions of hotels and other corporate finance transactions involving hotels;
- real estate advice to developers and leaseholders;
- management and finance to individuals and companies in the sector;
- all aspects of the restaurant and pub sector. This includes the financing, buying and selling of restaurants and pubs and negotiation of commercial contracts with suppliers. We have also acted on a number of hotel, restaurant, pub and club insolvencies;
- a full range of intellectual property and brand management services;
- contentious disputes, including health and safety prosecutions, accident claims, property damage claims and assistance with employment and licensing issues; and
- pension schemes in the sector.
Why choose Pitmans’ Hospitality and Leisure lawyers?
Our lawyers understand the needs of clients in this sector and bring a wealth of knowledge enabling us to be proactive, commercial and innovative. Our team have been immersed in the industry with several of our lawyers having worked in-house for companies and organisations in this sector bringing specialist industry knowledge to the team.
Whether you are setting up a start-up restaurant, structuring a multi-million hotel sale, securing financing for a pub acquisition or involved in a commercial dispute with a supplier, we can tailor the most innovative and cost effective legal solutions for your business.
Pitmans LLP is a business partner of the Institute of Hospitality.