For advice on everything from property to contracts, contact our construction and engineering solicitors. We provide the guidance you need, when you need it.
Pitmans advises construction sector clients on a full range of commercial, corporate and regulatory matters, both in the UK and overseas. Our Partner-led team works closely with you and your other advisers throughout the design, procurement, and building stages of your projects. We also advise on all types of property sales and purchases as well as publicly and privately financed infrastructure and regeneration projects.
Who do Pitmans’ Construction & Engineering lawyers work for?
We act for developers, public bodies, funding institutions, insurers, public bodies, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants. We advise on procurement strategy and structure (including how and when to use bespoke or standard forms of contract) and can negotiate all forms of engineering and construction contracts and associated documentation (including security and agreements with adjacent owners of transport infrastructure).
Do Pitmans’ Construcion & Engineering lawyers have any particular areas of expertise?
We are expert in advising on claims for and against professionals – architects, structural engineers, surveyors, contract administrators – for losses caused by lack of supervision, design errors and over-certification. This includes:
- Construction disputes – large and small, residential and commercial projects with particular expertise in defects, claims, delay and disruption and valuation claims
- Enforcement of bonds and guarantees and claims against insurers
- Insolvency and completion of distressed projects
- Breach of copyright
- Construction in breach of planning permission or Listed Building consent
- Claims against banks – in relation to secured construction funding
- Fraud claims, health & safety prosecutions and other regulatory breaches
We are experts in all forms of dispute resolution: litigation, adjudication, mediation, and domestic and international arbitration. We resolve disputes as quickly and economically as possible. We also advise our clients on restructuring and insolvency issues including, but not limited to, refinancing of projects, issues surrounding contractors, sub-contractors, consultants and other suppliers to assist in the maximisation of realisations for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Our areas of expertise in Construction & Engineering law include:
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Competition and procurement
- International and domestic regulatory compliance
- Multi-jurisdictional issues
- Health & Safety
- Environmental Regulations
- Insolvency and restructuring
- PFI/ PPP projects
- International arbitration
We also have strength and expertise in negotiated outcomes, and a successful track record in the following:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- High Court claims (including Technology and Construction Court) both domestic and international
- Interim remedies including injunctions, freezing orders and challenges to adjudicators' decisions
- Turnaround and recovery from stressed and distressed situations
Why choose Pitmans’ Construction & Engineering lawyers?
We have unrivalled expertise in our specialist field which ensures a deep understanding of the construction process and its attendant risks and rewards. Our advice is solution focussed and so whilst our clients come to us with potential difficulties, we offer ways to surmount them.
We believe in long-term partnerships. With our commercial experience and legal knowledge, our multi-disciplinary team works seamlessly with your in-house team. Together we find practical solutions to achieve your business objectives.