Sean specialises in mergers and acquisition work, private equity, debt financing, management incentivisation and all other legal matters connected with sales, purchases, management and leveraged buy-ins and buy-outs, investment and equity funding, corporate reorganisation and restructuring, demergers, reductions of capital, directors' duties, articles of association, shareholder agreements and issues relating to corporate constitutions.
Sean won the Lawyer of the Year Award at the Solent Deal Awards 2014.
He acts for buyers (both domestic and cross-border), sellers, management teams, private equity houses, investors (both institutional and individual), banks and other funders.
Sean has extensive experience in M&A and private equity transactions across a broad range of industry sectors including travel, retail, transport, maritime, technology and other areas.
He has a breadth of experience in private equity transactions including:
- Disposals to private equity acquirers;
- Management buy ins;
- Management buy outs;
- Acquisitions by private equity houses;
- Equity re-structuring;
- Public to private.
Sean has numerous listings in Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories: one of only two lawyers in the region to be categorised in Tier 1 for Corporate/M &A in the 2014 Chambers & Partners Guide.
- The £220M sale of Red Funnel to M&G Investments – Infracapital Partners LLP. Solent and Thames Valley Region Deal Awards Deal of the Year 2008.
- The sale of HobbyCraft to Bridgepoint Capital for £120M (via an auction sale process) and reinvestment by shareholders and management. Runner up as Solent and Thames Valley Region Deal Awards Deal of the Year 2011.
- The £72M merger of Pro-Bel with Snell & Wilcox to create the Snell Group. Solent and Thames Valley Region Deal Awards Deal of the Year 2011.
- The acquisition and management mandates on the MBI of Andante Travels with backing from Panoramic Growth Equity. Shortlisted for the Solent Deal Awards Deal of the Year 2014.
- The sale and reinvestment mandates on the £30M disposal of Artigiano (Scala Group) to Barclays Private Equity. Shortlisted for the Solent and Thames Valley Region Deal Awards Deal of the Year 2008.
- The £85M MBO of Micheldever Tyres by Graphite Capital.
- The sale of Travel Class to First Choice Holidays Plc (now TUI).
- The £55M sale of Racal Acoustics.
- Acting for Aberdeen Asset Managers (now Maven Capital Partners) on an MBO of T.C. Communications.
- Acting for The Appointment Group on its acquisition of ET Travel.
- Acting for The Appointment Group on the acquisition of The Ultimate Event Company.
- The merger between aap3 and Preferred International.
- The merger between Quantel and Snell.
- The sale of Premium Crops Limited to a US acquirer, the Technology Crops group.
- The disposal of Humberts.
- Various strategic acquisitions for Wexas Travel.
Super-professional and commercial.Chambers and Partners, 2016
Exceptional, an incredible lawyer.Chambers and Partners, 2016
Sean's personal interests include Golf and Equestrian.