Oliver is a corporate lawyer with broad experience. He advises on a wide range of corporate transactions with a focus on equity capital markets (particularly IPOs and secondary fundraisings on AIM), mergers and acquisitions (both UK domestic and cross-border) and private equity transactions. He also provides general corporate and commercial legal advice in connection with a wide variety of matters including the establishment of new businesses and joint ventures.
Senior Associate at K&L Gates LLP (September 2000 to January 2015).
- Advised finnCap Ltd as nominated adviser and broker to Eco City Vehicles Plc in connection with the reverse takeover of Tax Computer Systems Limited for an enterprise value of £73 million and an associated placing to raise £45 million
- Advised Brandon Hill Capital as broker to Vast Resources Plc in connection with a placing to raise approximately £1m
- Advised the nomad and broker to a technology company on the admission of the company’s shares to trading on AIM and an associated placing and open offer
- Advised the nomad and joint brokers to an AIM-listed technology company in connection with a £65m reverse takeover and associated fundraising (The transaction won ‘Best Use of AIM’ at the 2014 AIM Awards)
- Advised an oil and gas exploration and production company on the admission of its shares to trading on AIM and an associated placing
- Advised the shareholders of a UK software company with subsidiaries in the US and Australia on the sale of the group to a private equity purchaser
- Advised a private equity fund on its investment in a new company established with an entrenched social mission to better the lives of sufferers of Alzheimer’s disease and their carers
- Advised the UK’s largest provider of domiciliary healthcare services on a joint venture with a provider of such services in Northern Ireland
I have worked with Oliver over many years on various AIM transactions. He is a very able transactional lawyer who manages to properly protect his client’s interests whilst maintaining a co-operative working relationship with the other advisers involved to the benefit of the overall deal. He is highly responsive and his knowledge of the law, the market and market practice is excellent.Director, Corporate Finance, N+1 Singer
Pitmans once again delivered in what was a complicated transaction. The transaction involved many stakeholders and their advice was invaluable throughout, always finding the right balance between protecting our interests and keeping a professional yet friendly relationship with all parties. Thank you.Corporate Finance Director, finnCap
Skiing and family.