Oliver is a Corporate and Commercial solicitor specialising in mergers and acquisitions, management and leveraged buy-ins and buy-outs, corporate finance, corporate reorganisation and restructuring, share buybacks, debt for equity swaps, shareholder agreements and issues relating to corporate constitutions and insolvency-related or distressed acquisitions and disposals.
He is a Commercial solicitor with significant experience across a wide range of commercial arrangements from general commercial contracts, IT contracts and related work, intellectual property and technology related work.
Oliver formerly studied History at Southampton University and undertook the GDL and the LPC at the College of Law (Guildford).
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- The sale of HobbyCraft to Bridgepoint Capital for £120M (via an auction sale process) and reinvestment by shareholders and management. (Shortlisted for the Solent Deal Awards Deal of the Year 2012).
- The £72M merger of Pro-Bel with Snell & Wilcox to create the Snell Group, with subsequent re-structures. (Solent and Thames Valley Region Deal Awards Deal of the Year 2011).
- The acquisition and management mandates on the MBI of Andante Travels with backing from Panoramic Growth Equity. (Shortlisted for the Solent Deal Awards Deal of the Year 2014).
- The £220M sale of Red Funnel to M&G Investments – Infracapital Partners LLP. (Solent and Thames Valley Region Deal Awards Deal of the Year 2008).
- The sale and reinvestment mandates on the £30M disposal of Artigiano (Scala Group) to Barclays Private Equity and subsequent re-financings and debt and equity re-structuring. (Shortlisted for the Solent and Thames Valley Region Deal Awards Deal of the Year 2008).
- Acting for Aberdeen Asset Managers (now Maven Capital Partners) on an MBO of T.C. Communications and subsequent refinancings, equity and debt re-structures.
- The acquisitions by The Appointment Group of (i) ET Travel and (ii) The Ultimate Event Company.
- The merger between aap3 and Preferred International.
- The sale of Premium Crops Limited to the Technology Crops group, a US acquirer.
- Numerous strategic acquisitions for Salon Supplies.
- Various equity re-structurings of Micheldever Tyres.
- A supply agreement between a ferry company and the organisers of Bestival music festival.
- A refurbishment agreement for the £2M re-fit of a ferry.
- A service level agreement in relation to bus services with Blue Star.
- An exclusive distribution agreement relating to the exclusive distribution of a brand named US alcoholic energy drink in the UK.
- Charter of a hi‐speed ferry during the London Olympics in 2012.
- A sponsorship agreement entered into with a major private equity house relating to Cowes Week.
- An e-ticketing platform project agreement.
- A supply agreement concerning the manufacture and supply of oligonucleotides with a subsidiary of a US entity with a NASDAQ capitalisation of circa $9 billion.
Terms and conditions relating to the manufacture and production of oligonucleotides, high quality modified oligos, fluorescent probes, long oligos and large-scale oligonucleotides synthesis for research (both academic and commercial).
Oliver has written various articles for the Business Magazine.
Oliver' personal interests include cricket, hockey and golf.