Marcus has extensive experience in a wide variety of high value residential and commercial property work including acquisitions and disposals; landlord and tenant advice, lease drafting and negotiation, secured lending, real estate litigation and corporate support.
Law graduate of Trinity College Dublin, Marcus attended the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice before training with Adlleshaw Goddard in London. On qualification Marcus joined Allen & Overy LLP in London where he spent circa 6 years in their real estate department before joining Pitmans in June 2012.
- Acting for a major IT organisation on their lease of floor space at Canary Wharf for a term of 10 years at an annual rent of £750,000.
- Acting for a major UK corporate on their lease in the City of London for a term of 10 years at an annual rent of £300,000.
- Acting for a gym operator on their 15 year lease of circa 10,000 sq ft at 100 Kings Road, Reading.
- Acting for a leading bank on the £210 million refinancing of a Shopping Centre complex.
- Acting for a food distributor in the re-gearing of their lease of 30,000 sq ft at the Heathrow Industrial Estate with an annual rent of circa £450,000.
- Acting for numerous house builders in the taking of option agreements, conditional contracts and promotion agreements over lands with potential for future residential development.
Marcus used to be a keen rugby player having played for Newbury and Rosslyn Park and now is a single figure golfer.