Denise is a Restructuring and Insolvency lawyer. She advises companies, directors, shareholder, lenders including Invoice Discounters, investors and Insolvency Practitioners on all aspects of corporate and individual insolvency including business sales, actions to recover assets for the benefit of creditors, pursuing and defending actions against directors.
Denise was seconded to the Pensions Regulator from March 2007 to October 2007 and returned there for five months in January 2008 as a consultant, dealing with clearance applications, working alongside the Pension Protection Fund (“PPF”) in relation to consensual entry of schemes into the PPF and advising upon insolvency issues.
Denise uses her experience in both insolvency and pensions regulation to advise on options for defined benefit pension schemes, use of the Regulator's "Moral Hazard" powers, debt restructuring (Regulated Apportionment Arrangements) and clearance.
Trained and graduated in Staffordshire, moved to Hammonds (now Squire Patton Boggs) in 2001. Joined Pitmans in 2011.
- Acting for a large franchisee in the purchase, out of Administration, of a number of units of a well known fast food chain.
- Advising a parent company and board of directors in relation to investor losses of £50m arising out of fractional sales of land.
- Negotiating with the Pension Protection Fund, the Pensions Regulator and the Trustees of a pension scheme to agree the terms for a Regulated Apportionment Arrangement in relation to an employer based in Essex saving 150 jobs.
- One of a team of Pitmans’ lawyers advising defendants in relation to the UK aspect of claims arising out of the biggest ever Ponzi scheme.
- Advising the Pension Protection Fund in relation to the administration sale of a leading international asset management and construction consultancy.
- Advising a local authority in relation to an English Sequestration following the failure of a land owner to comply with a Court Order requiring environmental contamination of land to be remedied.
- Advising the Directors of Blinkbox Music Limited.
- Advising KPMG, as the Administrators of AAA Linen Services Limited, on the sale of the business.
- Acting for the Liquidator of a Netherlands company in an action against a Nigerian Airline.
- Advising the proposed English Sequestrator of a company to be appointed following breach of Court Orders relating to Environmental Waste and advising the local authority.
Intellectual Property – Intangible, Invisible but not Invaluable 7 February 2014
Pay-As-You-Go rent in administrations: a victory for common sense? 25 February 2014
Administrators! Get Ready to Rock & Auto-Enrol! 4 July 2014
What facts make a ‘de-facto’? 11 September 2014
In Tech and in Trouble? 6 March 2015
How close is your COMI 30 April 2015
PPF Guidance on Office Holder Remuneration 18 May 2015
These include; cycling, yoga, windsurfing and supporting Leicester Tigers.