Main Duties and Responsibilities
To provide optimal value to the business by:
- Assisting other solicitors in the Department when required. Dealing with preparation of Wills, Estate Administration, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection matters, Inheritance and Tax Planning matters. In addition there may be an element of contentious probate work alongside the Litigation Team.
- Dealing with accounts processes including Case Management Systems and Estate Management Systems.
- Dealing with preparation of Inheritance Tax Returns for Estates and Trusts
- Involvement in Department development initiatives
- Updating Department Client Guides
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in Private Client law and related Taxation issues
- Delivering updates for both clients and team internally
- Drafting Trust Deeds, Trustee Resolutions, Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Researching points required for more complex client matters
The ideal candidate will bring with them/be:
- Eye for detail and meticulous approach.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work under time constraints and prioritise work load.
- Able to handle sensitive matters discreetly.
- Good organisation skills with a methodical approach.
- Deliver excellent service to clients and colleagues.
- Excellent IT skills, including Word and Excel.
- Team player.
- Interest in Private Client Law
Knowledge and Experience
- This job brings a mixed caseload of all areas of Private Client work and is suited to somebody ideally at 2:1 Degree level with one year pure Private Client experience gained since qualification with a respected National or Regional Firm.
- The candidate must possess a willingness to develop and expand their experience and knowledge and be keen to support the Firm’s and the Department’s business development.
- The candidate will be joining a team in a well established and busy Private Client Department based in Reading and should have an ambition to obtain STEP qualification.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary depending on your experience and skills.
- 25 days annual holiday.
- Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme.
About Pitmans LLP
We are solution driven and dedicated to offering definitive, pragmatic advice. We consider it essential to provide reasoned, technically correct, practical and clear recommendations to our clients.
We are leaders in our field and are Tier 1 ranked in a wide number of practice areas by Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, benchmarking schemes to the legal sector. Our exceptionally talented group of individuals have expertise in all specialist areas, from dispute resolution to cyber risk management. With this unrivalled, in-depth expertise comes the professionalism you would expect in a language you can understand.
We pride ourselves on being approachable and personable, offering a partner-led service for all our clients. Whether you’re a private, commercial or professional client, we identify opportunities, as well as advising on avoiding pitfalls. You can be assured that our highly skilled professionals have the experience and knowledge to handle your specific, individual issue.