This Department is part of the Real Estate Sector, working closely with the Residential Development Team to advise both local and national housebuilders on all aspects of Development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To provide optimal value to the business by:
- Drafting s106 Agreements and infrastructure agreements
- Advising on planning, CIL, Affordable housing and highway issues
- Having a commercial awareness and an appreciation of Developer requirements
- Providing clients with advice both face to face and in writing
- Ensuring that all time limits are met, including the prompt actioning of all client instructions
- Involvement in business development initiatives
- Keeping up to date with changes in planning, environmental and highway law and preparing/delivering updates for both clients and the team internally
The ideal candidate will bring with them/be:
- Eye for detail and meticulous approach
- Great communication skills and an ability to work well with others
- Ability to work under time constraints and prioritise work load
- Able to handle sensitive matters discreetly
- Good organisation skills with a methodical approach
- Deliver excellent service to clients and colleagues
Knowledge and Experience
- The successful candidate will have 2– 5 years PQE
- Experience of Planning and Highway Law and be keen to broaden and deepen your knowledge in this area
- Drafting and legal research experience
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary depending on your experience and skills
- 25 days annual holiday
- Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
About Pitmans LLP
We are solution driven and dedicated to offering definitive, pragmatic advice. We consider it essential to provide reasoned, technically correct, practical and clear recommendations to our clients.
We are leaders in our field and are Tier 1 ranked in a wide number of practice areas by Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, benchmarking schemes to the legal sector. Our exceptionally talented group of individuals have expertise in all specialist areas, from dispute resolution to cyber risk management. With this unrivalled, in-depth expertise comes the professionalism you would expect in a language you can understand.
We pride ourselves on being approachable and personable, offering a partner-led service for all our clients. Whether you’re a private, commercial or professional client, we identify opportunities, as well as advising on avoiding pitfalls. You can be assured that our highly skilled professionals have the experience and knowledge to handle your specific, individual issue.
Apply for this position
To apply for the position Planning Solicitor please fill out the form below. If you are interested in training Click here to view the Pitmans Trainee Solicitors Programme.