- Opening files, preparing engagement letters and entering data into case management system.
- Dealing with accounts processes, including time recording and billing.
- Filing archiving and general administration.
- Interacting with clients both face to face and in writing.
- Assisting with post completion tasks on legal projects.
- Drafting board minutes, share certificates and companies house forms
- Amending/typing documents
- Raising invoices
- Covering other paralegals or PAs when on holiday
- Assisting with holiday calendar
- General assistance in the corporate department
Skills and experience
- A positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach to work
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate to colleagues at all levels
- Effective personal organisation and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demand
- The ability to work in tight timescales with a sense of urgency
- Common sense, commerciality and the ability to exercise sound judgement
- Ambition to develop and succeed
What we can offer you
Competitive salary depending on your experience and skills
25 days annual holiday
Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
About Pitmans LLP
Pitmans LLP is headquartered in Reading with offices in London and Southampton. We deliver city quality advice at a regional price to help our clients achieve their objectives, manage risk and generate savings. Over more than 150 years we’ve built a reputation for our personable approach working with corporates as well as private clients locally, nationally and internationally. Pitmans has nurtured particularly strong specialist teams in pensions advisory, real estate, dispute resolution as well as corporate and commercial.
We also provide legal advice to address our clients’ needs across a wide range of industry sectors and specialisms including automotive, banking, hospitality, insurance, retail, technology, employment, immigration, insolvency and restructuring, intellectual property, matrimonial, wills, estates and trusts. As a result Pitmans achieves top tier recognition in the industry benchmarking directories, Legal 500 and Chambers UK.
Apply for this position
To apply for the position Corporate Paralegal please fill out the form below. If you are interested in training Click here to view the Pitmans Trainee Solicitors Programme.