As leading property advisers, we pride ourselves on the expertise offered by our New Homes team, a division of the wider property department, who focus on development set up and plot sales, creating a key differential to our competition whilst adding true value to our clients.
New Homes is a specialist development set up and plot sales team, established as a key part of our end to end development service. We have a long and established history of working with successful local and regional housebuilders.
Working to support our senior case managers, the successful candidate will undertake ‘on the job’ training to learn about all aspects of the department’s work. Over time they will gain experience in using our case management system and assist with all aspects of the plot sale conveyancing process. Long term goal will be for candidate to become a fully fledged case manager with own caseload and direct contact with our developer clients.
Would best suit someone who has already started training or recently obtained legal qualifications appropriate for residential conveyancing but would consider candidate with previous role experience and willingness to participate in future legal training in conveyancing/property law.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience of working in a conveyancing role
- Excellent academic background
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent efficiency and transaction management skills
- Ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- High level of professionalism and integrity
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary depending on your experience and skills.
- 25 days annual holiday.
- Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme.
With Pitmans Law you can be assured of the quality of advice and service you demand from a city law firm – but with a distinction. The courage to stand apart, to think and act personably, with an uncompromising focus on achieving outstanding client outcomes. We say what we mean, matching our behaviours to our words.
Established for over 150 years, Pitmans Law is headquartered in Reading with offices in London and Southampton. The lower overheads of a regional office ensure we can provide city quality legal advice at a competitive price to deliver exceptional value for our corporate and private clients locally, nationally and internationally.
Pitmans provides legal advice to address our clients’ needs across a wide range of industry sectors and specialisms including particularly strong specialist teams in pensions advisory, real estate, dispute resolution as well as corporate and commercial law. Our clients draw confidence from the top tier recognition Pitmans achieves in the industry benchmarking directories, Legal 500 and Chambers UK.
Apply for this position
To apply for the position Conveyancing Assistant please fill out the form below. If you are interested in training Click here to view the Pitmans Trainee Solicitors Programme.