To manage and develop the company secretarial function within Pitmans to ensure legal and corporate governance requirements are met.
Heading up company secretarial services for the firm to provide company secretarial assistance, corporate governance and administrative back-up to a wide range of organisations - private and public companies, flat management companies, unincorporated organisations and charities. Responsibilities will include:
• Run a company secretarial function for 200 companies
• Provide ad hoc advice on company law relevant to client’s business, including recent PSC register legislation
• Prepare meeting documentation, attend meetings and assist Chairman with management
• and statutory queries, including review of articles of association
• Assist with due diligence exercises during corporate transactions
• Draft constitutional documents for Charity registration and manage statutory reporting
• Maintain electronic & manual statutory records, including reporting to Companies House
• File charity commission returns and VAT return on a charity client
Skills and experience
• Previous experience of working in a Company Secretary role
• Excellent academic background
• Excellent client relationship skills
• Ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment
• Resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
• High level of professionalism and integrity
What we can offer you
• Competitive salary depending on your experience and skills.
• 25 days annual holiday.
• Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme.
About Pitmans LLP
With Pitmans Law you can be assured of the quality of advice and service you demand from a city law firm – but with a distinction. The courage to stand apart, to think and act personably, with an uncompromising focus on achieving outstanding client outcomes. We say what we mean, matching our behaviours to our words.
Established for over 150 years, Pitmans Law is headquartered in Reading with offices in London and Southampton. The lower overheads of a regional office ensure we can provide city quality legal advice at a competitive price to deliver exceptional value for our corporate and private clients locally, nationally and internationally.
Pitmans provides legal advice to address our clients’ needs across a wide range of industry sectors and specialisms including particularly strong specialist teams in pensions advisory, real estate, dispute resolution as well as corporate and commercial law. Our clients draw confidence from the top tier recognition Pitmans achieves in the industry benchmarking directories, Legal 500 and Chambers UK.
Apply for this position
To apply for the position Company Secretary please fill out the form below. If you are interested in training Click here to view the Pitmans Trainee Solicitors Programme.